The Technologies for Sustainability Research Centre (CRETESOS) is dedicated to promote, coordinate and facilitate the management of research activities in common areas of science and technology in the field of sustainability, specifically related with the environment, energy and the interaction between people and information.
The research groups that integrate CRETESOS and their research lines are:
Energy and Agroindustrial Machinery (GREA)
- Energy Engineering and Renewable Energies.
- Machinery Design and Optimization.
- Industrial Automation and Control.
- Teaching methodologies of science and technology.
Human-Computer Interaction and Data Integration (GRIHO)
- Usability, Accessibility and User-Centred Design.
- Interaction Paradigms, Plastic and Collaborative User Interfaces.
- Open Data, Information Architecture, Semantic Web and Knowledge Engineering.
Decision Models, Computation and Simulation
- Development of decision models.
- Biological activities signals processing.
Signal Processing and Control Electronics
- Optimisation of algorithms for control systems.
- Integration of control signals into electronic devices.
- Biomedical engineering applications.
Solar Energy and Buildings Physics
- Photovoltaic-thermal hybrid solar collectors.
- Low concentration photovoltaics.
Context and Cognition mediated by Information and Communication Technologies (COnTIC)
- Incidence of ICT in cognitive and social interaction processes.
- Design, implementation and evaluation of educative software for enhanced thinking processes and digital competences.